Asset Inspector, South Region
We are currently looking for a permanent Asset Inspector to join our growing Asset Adoption Engineering department. It is a remote role however you will cover the South region.
Have you got the drive to go the Last Mile?
About the role
As Asset Inspector covering the South region, you will provide a comprehensive, advisory and support function for the construction and adoption of all networks that are to be adopted by Last Mile. The successful candidate will undertake site base inspections and surveys ensuring Last Mile assets are constructed in accordance with technical and safety standards and liaise with Independent Connection Providers (ICP) to ensure any construction issues are identified through to successful resolution.
Key duties include:
- Carry out inspections on all aspects of the networks being constructed, including substation installation, PRI installation, main laying, cable jointing, electrofusion joints and update the necessary business systems with the output.
- Provide advice and support to ICPs working with or on behalf of LMAM on health, safety, environmental, quality, and best practice matters.
- To conduct post adoption regulatorily inspections in accordance with industry guidance and procedures.
- Ensure any Defect during construction is notified and closed out by the ICP in a timely manner.
- Provide first response for faults and liaise with emergency service providers to ensure guaranteed standards of performance are achieved.
- Ensure that safe working practices are always maintained.
- Manage regular and routine correspondence with internal and external stakeholders to control and deliver onsite requirements.
- Provide monthly reports detailing audits complete, issues and trends.
- Provide onsite support for ICPs enquiries.
- Liaise with up-stream Network Operators as and when required.
- Carry out other duties which are appropriate to the post as may be reasonably requested by your Line Manager.
What we are looking for
- Craft Qualification/ Apprenticeship
- HNC/HND in Engineering
- Relevant Utility experience in Gas/ Electrical Distribution
- Understanding of Gas/ Electrical Industry Registration Scheme
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Experience in risk assessment, auditing and risk management techniques.
- High standard of written and spoken communication.
- Produce reports for various levels in the organisation following inspections and audits.
- Maintain and analyse reports and inspections results.
What we can offer you
We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person
- 25 Days Holiday plus 9 Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up top 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Gross Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Discretionary Bonus up to 15 % of Gross Annual Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company Sick Pay