We are currently looking for a permanent Electrical Design Engineer to join our growing Asset Adoption Team. This role will be based at our Head Office in Hamilton, however other locations and remote working will be considered.
Have you got the drive to go the Last Mile?
About the opportunity:
As Electrical Design Engineer you will approve electric networks for new housing, industrial, commercial or multiple occupancy projects. You will be expected to manage the process from quote acceptance through to design acceptance, ensuring KPIs are met and exceeded for adoption purposes.
- Manage a portfolio of electric design submissions ensuring compliance with relevant legislation, standards, technical policies and bulletins to enable timely design acceptance for adoption.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the LMAM design life-cycle from quotation acceptance to adoption, ensuring that all Design Acceptances KPIs are achieved.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate project documentation is recorded and presented.
- Liaison with all the Asset Adoption team and ICPs to ensure appropriate technical expertise is provided and compliance with standards are achieved.
- Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure that the design acceptance process is fit for purpose, ensuring improvements and best practice are captured and implemented.
- Liaise as required with external agencies including electricity network operators, design houses and/or other parties to provide the best possible service to ICPs and the wider Last Mile Group.
- Manage design variation process.
- Produce KPI reports and management information as requested.
- Manage and respond to Licenced Quote applications within agreed KPIs.
- Manage and respond to POC applications within agreed KPIs.
What we’re looking for
Experience / Knowledge:
- Experience of CDM regulations and ability to interpret and apply to design solutions
- Practical knowledge of relevant new roads and streetworks regulations
- Ability to effectively understand and interpret complex engineering drawings and appropriate commercial documentation to enable design acceptance.
- Ability to adapt to or have experience of commercial / in-house design and Windebut
- Design experience of 33/11KV networks.
- Minimum of HNC in an Engineering related discipline
- Degree in an Engineering related discipline
- Ability to effectively manage own workload and conflicting priorities to achieve output targets.
- Able to recognise limitations of own experience and qualifications and request support.
- Excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with all project stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work with design team to correct errors.
We offer good benefits and remuneration packages, but most importantly, an enjoyable and rewarding place to work. We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person.
In return of your hard work and dedication, we can offer you:
- 25 Days Holiday plus Statutory Days
- Holiday Buy Back Scheme (Purchase up to 5 Additional Days)
- Up to 7% Employer Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance (x4 Annual Gross Salary)
- Refer a Friend Incentive
- Hybrid Working (3 days in the Office, 2 from home)
- Company Car/Car Allowance of £400 per month
- Discretionary Bonus up to 15% of Gross Annual Salary