Electrical Standards Engineer
Last Mile Asset Management is looking for an Electrical Standards Engineer to join the Asset Management Team to be responsible for the overall management of the company Electrical Safety Management System. You will also provide technical leadership and knowledge to support all electrical activities to ensure compliance with the appropriate industry/company standards. For the right candidate, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast-paced, dynamic team where you will contribute to the ongoing success of Last Mile Asset Management.
About the role
A key part of the Electrical Standards Engineer role will be to develop effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure the execution of network connections are to the correct industry and company standards.
- Day to day activity and performance management of the company Electrical Safety Management System.
- Develop, implement, and continually review/improve the company policies, procedures and performance across the business, covering all electrical activities.
- Ensure the company standards are understood, implemented and maintained by all stakeholders.
- Responsible for the provision and implementation of DNO/INA/BS Standards.
- Support the Engineering Team to ensure electrical operational processes meet health and safety standards and national accreditations.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree or equivalent in Engineering Professional qualifications or recognised membership e.g. MIET, MImechE – C.Eng, I.Eng.
- In-depth knowledge of operating to national Distribution Safety Rules (DSR’s).
- Knowledge and experience of electricity network design, construction, commissioning and operations.
- Experience of working in a similar engineering standards environment with a thorough knowledge of operational application.
- Experience in electrical transmission and distribution operations at Senior Authorised Person (SAP) designation.
- Ability to develop standards and procedures and specifications for the Asset Management business.
- Good problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to provide written and oral communication of electrical engineering activity e.g. Design experience of 33/11KV networks.
What we can offer you
We believe in rewarding our people well and there are plenty of career opportunities for the right person
• Excellent Starting Salary
• Company Bonus Scheme at 15% of annual salary
• 25 days holiday entitlement plus 9 days public holiday
• Holiday Buy Back
• 7% Company Pension Contributions
• Life Assurance
• Employee Assistance Programme