The gas industry provides one central emergency number across the UK to report a gas leak or smell of gas
Call: 0800 111 999
*All calls are recorded and may be monitored
What to do if you smell gas?
- Call 0800 111 999 at any time of day or night if you have a gas leak or smell gas
- Turn off all gas appliances and, if possible, turn off the gas at the meter.
- Open all windows and doors.
- Turn off electrical appliances – avoid turning any switches on or off.
- Distinguish any naked flames and refrain from smoking or striking any matches.
- Move everyone into fresh air and ensure nobody enters the area of the property or building where you smell gas.